Frequently asked questions – Self drive Minibus hire

Who can hire out mini-buses?
Anyone can hire out a Mini-bus. The only pre-requisite is that the driver is aged 21 and has the appropriate licence to drive the vehicle hired.

How many passengers can the van carry?
It can carry 12 passangers including the drive with room for luggage

What is the age limit?
Drivers aged 21 to 24 years, with a full drivers licence are able to drive. However, under the insurance terms, a $1700 excess is mandatory. For drivers 25 years and over a $1100 excess applies.

Can I have more than one driver?
Yes, you can have more than one driver, however the extra driver must produce licence credentials.

Can EM Hire Drive supply a driver?
With prior notification we may be able to recommend a driver but not guaranteed.

Does the hirer and/or drivers have to sign any forms?
Yes, the driver must provide licence details and sign an agreement form. The hirer’s name will also appear on the agreement form as the vehicle will ultimately be their responsibility

How are vehicle costs calculated?
You are charged a daily fee hire along with a Kilometre rate. You are also required to return the mini bus full of fuel as you pick the bus up full of fuel.  If the van in not full then you will be charged 10 cents per litre ontop of the current market price.

How do I pay for the hire of the vehicle?
We accept Cash, Credit Card, Visa Debit or Mastercard Debit on return of the vehicle.

Where do I collect the vehicle from?
Van can be collected from 53 Hare St Echuca.  Additional charges may be incurred if the vehicle is to be dropped off or collected from the hirer.

Is the consumption of alcohol or smoking allowed on the vehicles?
Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES is smoking allowed in any of the vehicles.
In certain circumstances the consumption of alcohol is allowed on the vehicle. The driver must not consume alcohol. It is the responsibility of the hirer and driver in regards to alcohol.

When travelling through or in Melbourne, who pays for the use of Citylink?
In all circumstances the Hirer is responsible for any Citylink or toll road usage.

Who pays for parking or speeding fines?
The Hirer is responsible for any parking or speeding fines incurred. Fines incurred will be passed onto the hirer of the vehicle.

What happens if the vehicle hired has been damaged?
The Hirer/Driver is responsible for the excess on the vehicle.

What happens if the vehicle has a flat tyre or is not functioning properly?
All Echuca Minibus Hire drive vehicles are fully maintained. However, ocasionally vehicle breakdowns do occur. It is the hirer/driver’s responsibility to ensure that the vehicle is not at risk to any further damage and that EM Hire Drive is contacted immediately. Each vehicle has a contact list for emergency breakdowns and the appropriate number should be contacted at the first available opportunity.

Who is responsible for cleaning the vehicle?
The cleaning of the vehicle is not required, however the vehicle must be returned in a reasonable condition. If the vehicle is not returned in a reasonable condition, a cleaning fee of $ 150 will be charged to the hirer.

Where is em our Van available for hire? 

Everywhere from Echuca/ Moama, Rochester, Kyabram, Tongala, Elmore, Shepparton, Deniliquin and more!  Feel free to contacts us.

Where should you take em?

Echuca/Moama have many amazing attractions including the famous Murray River Paddlesteamers, Wineries, Restaurants, Bush Walks, Camping, Water Sports, SUP, Gourmet food and more.  Here is a link to the local Tourist Information Centre so that you can start planning your getaway!